Brand New DF90ATL Noise??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New DF90ATL Noise??

Took my boat out after getting a new df90 installed and after runing it about and hour at various throttle positions, we took a break at ther marina, after restarting, during idling out to the bouys at 1100rpm the engine/lower unit started making a high pitched whining noise, I immediatly stopped the engine and trimmed it up to check if there was anything around the prop but no such luck
    I only hear it at 1100rpm and its very noticable, sounds like my furnace pump when the bearing is out, no noise when in neutral. any ideas??

I would start and make sure the lower unit has gear oil in it
    and the oil level in the engine as well
    and did the dealer give you exact instructions on what you need to do for the break in period?
    Last edited by artdf175; 05-22-2015, 03:27 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

To be honest with you, if it was my brand new motor making such a noise, I wouldn't be getting onto any Internet forum to ask, I would be straight onto the phone to the Suzuki dealer I bought it off and getting them over to have a look at it ASAP. You don't want to be taking any risks at all with a new motor.

Comment

Yes, did contact the dealor and emailed a vid of the noise, I checked the lower unit oil and its full and clean, so they said to continue the breakin as I will, book in hand, the noise is only noticeable at 1100rpm in forward, Mabey just a extra tight drive bearing? Anyway Its quiet as a mouse in neutral.

Comment

Working...
        X