Suzuki SMIS engine interface NEMA 2000 into stng network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki SMIS engine interface NEMA 2000 into stng network

I am installing the SMIS digital gage and powering nema 2000 backbone.

When it is connected into the Raymarine Sea Talk NG backbone to interface with the multi function display that is also a powered network will there be a problem?

Do I just power one network as a positive to positive connection on all these new electronics is not good.
    Last edited by captainmike454; 05-23-2015, 10:11 AM.

I can't really say, other than a NMEA2K network should only have one power source. I know nothing about the Raymarine network.

If you are uncertain and can't get clear advice, I would suggest that you link the 2 networks as planned, but don't connect the N2K network to power. If everything works when you turn the Raymarine network on, fine, if not, then you might have to power the N2K network as well and see what happens!!

Sorry, that's all I've got for you.

Comment

Hi Moonlighter

Thanks for your reply !

i have been given different advise and will call Raymarine tech support on tuesday before i damage anything.

i got the SIMS gage up and running and it is working except for the oil pressure which it can not see and i can not figure it out any advise ?

Thanks

Capt Mike
      Last edited by captainmike454; 05-23-2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Oil pressure data is not available from the engine interface.

See this document for the list of data available.
        http://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowra...Connection.pdf

You may be able to add a N2K pressure sensor in the engine and get it that way if you are keen, not sure though, i have never done it.

Comment

Nema 2000 gateway

Talked to Raymarine tech about connecting the networks and he said there had to be a gateway and that connecting the two networks with just an adaptor cable could be an issue does anyone have advice I am going to just connect the networks together using the seatalk ng to nema 2000 cable with only the ng network powered and see what happens unless someone has more information

Comment

Working...
          X