Erratic very high fuel flow on SMIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erratic very high fuel flow on SMIS

I just had to replace my SMIS and with this new gauge my fuel flow shows crazy high. Like 300 GPH on a 250ss.

My old smis was the old blue NMEA connector and the new unit is the black connector with an adapter cable. Is this a software issue or a connections issue. Everything else works properly.

The engine is a 2008 250SS.

Most likely a software conflict. 90% sure that will be the case if your old SMIS was giving accurate results but new one isn't.

Every chance that your new SMIS gauge is running the latest software, while your interface is running a similar version software to the one Noah was using on the Ark

Thus a software incompatibility exists.

Update your engine interface software to the latest version and very good chance your problems will disappear. You will of course need to redo the setup etc.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-28-2015, 07:03 AM.

Comment

I have an HDS8 and I have the adapter cable from blue to black that I use with my SMIS so I guess I'll see how a software upgrade effects it. What worries me is how erratic the flow seems. Yes it show correctly on my previous SMIS, but that went out several months ago and I just now replaced it.

Comment

Working...
      X