Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sims Tach

HI

Recently installed new 60 hp 4 stroke and SIMS digital gage all functions worked great but the tach just started reading 0 rpm but not flashing all other functions ok after starting.

when i power the system down and restart the outboard a couple of times it comes back and if i start the motor and then power up the sims it usually reads ok

Where is your NMEA 2000 network power connection? It sounds like the network power source is separate from the engine ignition?

I have found that the network can play up if it is not powered on at the same time or before the engine is turned on. That may be your problem.

A solution might be to power the network from a spare + wire in the engine harness, behind the dash you can usually find an unused connector in the harness. That way, the network and engine will power on simultaneously.

Another strong possible reason for this unusual behaviour is software conflicts - make sure that the engine interface cable and the SMIS gauge both have the latest software versions installed on them. Just because they were both bought new at the same time is no guarantee!

To check the interface software version you will either need a Lowrance HDS or Simrad display on your network, or take it to your dealer and get them to check/update software if both are not the latest versions.

Let us know how you go.

Comment

Working...
    X