Neutral button ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral button ?

I have a 20' pontoon with the DF-50 love the boat and the motor , but with my last boat i could push the button in on the throttle control and raise the RPM with out going into gear this boat goes into gear no matter what i do is there an adjustment ?

Need more info on year and controls but my 07 115 has the large black button on the side of the throttle that I push in and can raise the rpm.
    2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Comment

Post a picture of your control so we can see what you have.

Comment

neutral button

Originally posted by noelm007 View Post
        Post a picture of your control so we can see what you have.
        I will try and post a picture, never done this before. it has a squeeze button under the shift lever , if it was like my last bayliner that puts it into neutral so you can raise the rpm with out going into gear , I cant go above an idle with out going into gear
        2005 DF -50
        Last edited by glipsky@tampabay.rr.com; 06-01-2015, 08:38 PM. Reason: added items

Comment

Can I throw something to you?

I have owned my DF115 for 5 years now and have very rarely, if ever, needed to use the neutral throttle lever at all.

These modern EFI 4 strokes start just fine hot or cold, the mixture and idle speed is automatically adjusted by the ECU to suit the conditions. So, in many ways, the neutral throttle is almost redundant.

So, maybe, it's not worth worrying about it?

Comment

I guess here is 2 pictures

[attach][ATTACH]393[/atta[ATTACH]392[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]393[/ATTACH]ch][/ATTACH]
            when i grab the red handle should that put it into neutral when i push the level into gear ?

Comment

I thought on those controls you raised that black lever up to increase rpms while at idle.

Comment

When the throttle lever is centred, like in your first photo, to rev in neutral all you do is lift the small lever at the rear of the control box. The square one just above the key in your second photo.

Leave the main throttle lever completely alone, it plays no part in revving the engine in neutral. The red part under the throttle handle is simply depressed when you change gears from F to N and N to R.

Also, when you do rev the engine in neutral, the engine's ECU will prevent over-revving and will cause it to misfire at around 3000rpm and it won't rev past that point.

It would be well worth getting hold of an owner's manual for this engine if you don't have one already. It explains the basics of operation and maintenance that you should be familiar with.
                Last edited by Moonlighter; 06-02-2015, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Black lever

Originally posted by Seaduck View Post
                  I thought on those controls you raised that black lever up to increase rpms while at idle.
                  That's the chock

Comment

that's the chock

Comment

Damn I thought the choke was used when you push the key in while turning it. I thought as well the black lever was used to raise rpms.

Comment

Originally posted by glipsky@tampabay.rr.com View Post
                        that's the chock
                        "Chock"? I presume you mean "choke"?

There is no choke on an EFI 4 stroke! Neither pushing the key in or lifting the lever operates a choke, because there isn't one.

The EFI computer (the ECU) takes care of all of that, it controls fuel mixture, spark advance etc.

That lever above the key is the neutral throttle lever. Lift it to increase rpm in neutral. I have the same control box on my DF115, they are very common.

When you start an EFI 4 stroke, you should leave that neutral throttle completely alone. It doesn't need any extra throttle. Just turn the key to where it beeps, wait until the beep finishes, and turn the key to start the engine. That's all you do. Nothing else.

Get yourself an owner's manual, please, if you don't have one already. EFI 4 strokes have some significant differences to the old 2 strokes, so you should read the owners manual and learn what they are. Your local Suzuki dealer should be able to get you one.
                        Last edited by Moonlighter; 06-03-2015, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Raise the lever !!

Originally posted by Seaduck View Post
                          Just wanted to let you know that is correct

Comment

Working...
                          X