2005 DF25 Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 DF25 Carbs

My little Suzi was in storage too long due to lack of funds to transfer it to my new state of residence.
    After saving up and then paying all the fees Got it done.
    Put a new battery in and changed the oil.
    It fired right up but the carbs just pour out fuel.
    After much searching the lowest price I could find was Sierra part #18-7773. About $35 each plus shipping.
    Unfortunately, I need 3 kits No one seems to have that many in stock.
    Add to that the fact that I do not need the needle and seat kits. But I do need the O-ring that seals around the seat as well as the O-ring for the accelerator pump tube to bowl and the bowl gasket. Times three.
    Anyone that can suggest where I can save some bucks would be helping get an old man on very limited SS income back on the water.

Floats stuck ?

Sounds like the floats are stuck due to bad gas in the carbs you mite be able to get away with just a good cleaning

Comment

Originally posted by glipsky@tampabay.rr.com View Post
      Sounds like the floats are stuck due to bad gas in the carbs you mite be able to get away with just a good cleaning
      Yeah. That's not gonna do the trick. If it would I'd already have it done.

Seems as if those 2005 carbs aren't ethanol resistant. Here in this so******t paradise of Kalifornia you can even get ethanol free fuel.
      The bowl seals were cracked and the o-rings around the needle seat and the accelerator pump connector tube are shot.

Comment

Working...
      X