2003 DF115 Gas in Crankcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 DF115 Gas in Crankcase

New to the forum here, so thanks to anyone who can help. This boat belongs to A friend of mine, it has been sitting for A couple of years. Evidently he ran it and just parked it without doing anything to it, Gas was stale, pumped it out put fresh gas in, changed oil and filter, oil right on the full mark. Tried pumping the bulb never did really tighten up, tried to start, will not start. Shot A little starting fluid just to see if it was fuel or no spark and it did run briefly so I know I have A fuel problem. After trying to start for A while and kept pumping the bulb I checked the oil again and it was 1/2" over the full mark. By the way this engine has less than 50 hours on it.Thanks in advance for any advice.

check the low pressure fuel pump sounds like it might have a hole in the diaphram
    number 1 in this link http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Su...UMP/parts.html
    Last edited by mitch; 09-26-2010, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks Mitch, I will do this first thing Monday morning. Could this be A result of sitting with the stale gas in it? Thanks Again.

Comment

Low pressure pump seems to be fine, manually pump it and got movement in the fuel filter for the first time. reinstalled the low pressure pump and now the bulb is holding pressure. Fired it off and it ran briefly. Pulled new spark plugs and they are fouled with stale gas that was in the fuel fail. Going to put new plugs in it, will keep posted with results. Thanks.

Comment

can you hear the elect pump running in the vst ? has this motor been sitting for a while ?

when you say the bulb will not pump up hard .

you need to hold the bulb in the vertical position for the valves to work properly not in the horizontal position .

Comment

Cannot hear it running, not sure how audible is, but I do have power to it. Can you tell how much fuel pressure this enine is supposed to have? Thanks

Comment

I have not got my manual but it is about 38 psi if you get some one to turn the key on while you stand near the vst you should be able to hear it running

. do you have a fuel pressure gauge put it on the Schraeder valve on the fuel rail to test the pressure .

Comment

Confirmed, pump not running (no fuel pressure) got it all apart, will keep posted with results. Thanks Mitch for your help.

Comment

ok now you maybe able to get it running again squirt some wd 40 into it connect up some jumper wires and touch on to 12 volt battery try going from - to + also give a tap with a spanner to shock it it might start up again as it will be just gummed up

Comment

Mitch, it evidently had water in it. The pump and the regulator are rusted. I hooked the pump directly to the battery just to see if it would break loose, it did nothing. The only problem I've run into, is the screw holding the regulator in is rusted so bad that it will not break free. I let it soak overnite in kroil. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Frozen screw

You need to use a impact phillips hammer tool with long phillips bit. You can buy one at harbor freight. Make sure when you put in vise not to break niple for pink drain hose. Replace with 8mm hex head SS screw. I use carb cleaner or lacqer thinner if just gummed up.

Comment

DF 115 parts

Pump Assembly 15200-90J00 List 319.75 Cost $280.50 Regulator 15760-87J00 List $170.42 Cost $150.00 Seal 15626-90J00 List $10.03 Cost $8.50 Screw 02112-0510A List $.96 Cost $.86 Filter can be cleaned with car claener but if you would like to change 15642-90J00 List $7.86 Cost $5.73 Gasket,Intake Manifold 13119-90J00 List $4.86 Cost $3.92. I offer free fedx ground shipping in us from Miami.

Comment

Already have the screw out, did use impact driver. Had to sharpen A chisel, the phillips stripped because it was so rusted. Chisel did the job. Will keep you in mind on the parts. Thanks

Comment

clean the inside of the vst with some aluminum cleaner too get the white snot off

Comment

Got it all cleaned out, here's A pic of the pump and regulator.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X