250SS over heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250SS over heating

I have 2014 250 SS that is over heating after the 100hr service in Feb. The motor now has 130hrs and over heats at WOT. reads 180, and shuts down. It is on a 26' CC, 25" transom, 12" hydraulic plate. I usually run it 2" off the bottom of the plate for the last year. never a problem. Since the new water pump was installed, it now overheats. My dealer is blaming the plate to be too high, but I have ran it for a year, problem free. Thoughts?

Why did you replace water pump? I have a 2014 300 white, service manual states replacement at 300 hours! Anyway, they probably installed it and did it wrong or something's not adding, obviously without any issues prior then the pump replaced I would drop the lower and inspect! If you run shallow it is possible to get silt in there and cause issues, again drop unit and flush with ports on front/back of motor below cowling!

Comment

Oh and don't run motor while using those ports!

Comment

Will do. I had another guy say the same thing about washing out ports. It does run in shallow water and mud ALOT! It is still at the dealer. I will pick it up next week and do that! thanks. The dealer said Suzuki told him to shave 3mm off the pump housing and reinstall. They said this would increase the water pressure. It would be nice to know the water pressure! The dealer hooked it up when it was new, but could never could get it to work on my HDS 10. It worked great on the Etec i had on before. All that to say, its not my graph, its a hook up error. Been back 3x to get that fixed. still nothing.

Comment

Working...
        X