DF70 No Hole Shot and will not plane!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF70 No Hole Shot and will not plane!

I have a DF70 on a 1999 Sylvan Space Ship deck boat that I can not get to up on plane in any reasonable time frame. It takes me about 0.5 to 1 mile before she will get on plane.

This occurs with just one person on board and no gear. If I add gear and other passengers than it never gets on plane and runs as if I have a 10 HP mounted! When I did get it on plane my MAX RPM is 5K and when I add passengers I am lucky to see 3K.

I am thinking I have a prop issues but any help would be great!

Thanks,
    Jim
    Last edited by Anubus6; 09-30-2010, 08:38 AM.
    1999 Suzuki DF70TL

Will not Plane

First I would check to see if there is water in hull. If no water what type,pitch and diameter prop are you running. Is this a new instillation to this boat. I belive max RPM should be 6,000 to 6,300 if it is proped correct with about half fuel and two to three people and gear. The more weight the longer it will take to plane.

Comment

I pulled the prop and it's a 3 blade, 13 x 19 (D) x (P). Suzuki P/N: U1900. Looks like I might need something closer to a 15 pitch prop. I was also told that I should increase the diameter to 14" due to the fact that this is a deck boat? What are your thoughts?
      1999 Suzuki DF70TL

Comment

Working...
      X