noisey prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noisey prop

ive got a 2015 25hp suzuki outboard i bought a stainless prop for it and when i shift into gear it clanks and rattles very loud. any throttle at all and its fine. just at idle in gear does it make this noise. i returned it put alluminum prop back on and its fine. so i go to a prop shop in panama city fl. and explained this to the shop owner and he says he can order the correct prop. but his prop does the same exact same as the first stainless prop. i changed from a 10 1/2 x 10 to a 10 1/2 x 11 both times. was hoping someone could help with my noisey prop. because this man says its gonna cost 100.00 restocking fee and shipping it back so im stuck with it. thanks for any help Byron Butler

Clanking and rattling noises equal movement, something is showing a little more movement with the SS props, remember they are much heavier than aluminum and maybe showing that there slight play in gear or shaft parts, its kind of normal at idle with muffs running as there is no resistance on the prop
    Last edited by BillCon; 07-07-2015, 07:55 PM.

Comment

My 115 Suzi does the same thing, mostly at idle in reverse w/ss prop

Comment

Working...
      X