DF 140's Wont Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 140's Wont Idle

I have a pair of 2005 DF 140's with around 900 hrs. They start but wont idle. They drink off of seperate fuel lines that have water seperators on them. It's kind of sporadic too. Doesnt do it all the time. Sux when you come pulling up to the dock in the wind and you pull the throttle back to nuetral and one of the motors dies!!

Anyone have this happen?

Is your fuel bubble staying tight?
    2006 23 SeaCraft 2008 Suzuki 250

Comment

Originally posted by Drippin Wett View Post
      Is your fuel bubble staying tight?
      Yes they are tight. Runs fine at any speed. Just might die when pulled back to neutral. two motors with separate fuel lines and each one has a water seperator.

Comment

We had this happen on mates Df300.

Very similar symptoms to yours.

Turned out to be a faulty anti-syphon valve on the fuel tank. Removed the barb fitting from the tank outlet (incorporates the anti-siphon valve) punched out the ball and spring and seat inside it, reattached fuel hose, problem solved. Cost: free. Time to do :20 minutes.

Comment

Took the Throttle bodies off both engines and they were filthy!! Cleaned them using throttle body cleaner I picked up at a local auto parts store. Removed the IAC's from both engines and cleaned the same way. Reinstalled them and problem solved. The IAC's were not as oily as the TB's but looked a little corroded or rusty. I believe my idle issues will be back. Will look into replacing the IAC's. Took about 3 hrs. to do both motors. I am told that it's fine to do the throttle bodies without removing them, but why send all that crud into your intake manifold!!! 4 bolts and a linkage that pops right off.

Thanks every one for the advice!!

Comment

Here are the Throttle bodies and IAC's from my twin DF140's with 900 hrs.
            20150717_163851.jpg

20150717_163916.jpg

2015071795163830.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X