Suzuki dt2 motor questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki dt2 motor questions

I received this motor from a friend of a friend and want to know is it water cooled or air cooled? I started it up in a garbage can with water and did not see any water coming out, so I was wondering if it is air cooled or my impeller is bad? Also, my model does not seem to exist on the Suzuki parts catalog? Thanks ......AL

DT2 Water Pump

All the DT 2's I have look from 1977 to 1987 all have water pumps. What is engine #

Comment

Dt2 question

LARRY,

Thanks for the reply. Motor # is 447584. Also, I can't find the motor listed in any of the years to buy parts? Any suggestions on what web site to go to? Thanks 4 your reply..........AL

Comment

Water cooled

Yes, it is indeed water cooled. I took it apart and found the impeller. All looks well, but I still don't know where the water comes out??

Comment

Originally posted by MILLSMAN View Post
          Yes, it is indeed water cooled. I took it apart and found the impeller. All looks well, but I still don't know where the water comes out??
          The exhaust gas comes down the inside of the vertical leg, around the vertical drive shaft, and the water is dumped into it at the top after circulating through the engine. Check for a small spit of water (not a solid stream) out of the two small telltale holes in the back, a hand's breadth below the powerhead. (Most of the water exits underwater, with the exhaust.)

Enjoy your DT2; it's not perfect but may be the finest small engine ever made. As a dealer I had over 150 in a row start on the first pull out of the box; mine still does after 27 years. They seem to last forever with almost no maintenance. They've been discontinued, and I miss them. (Suzuki made zillions of 'em; parts are still available online.)
          Last edited by inchworm505; 02-25-2012, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X