X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Resource: Suzuki NMEA2000 Networks

Hi team

I have finally gotten around to writing what I hope is a pretty comprehensive document, including some photos and links to supplies and parts, about establishing Suzuki NMEA 2000 networks on your boat.

And some trouble-shooting and Q&A's as well.

I have now added links below to download the Suzuki engine interface software files. You need to download these to a Windows PC, and you will have to sign in to "dropbox" - it is quick, easy and free to do!

Note: to upload these software files to change the version that you are currently running on your Suzuki network, you will need a Lowrance or Simrad MFD that takes any kind of SD card attached to your network. It CANNOT BE DONE with any other brand of MFD.

Here is a link to Lowrance's web page where various updates for Suzuki devices can be found:
    http://ww2.lowrance.com/Suzuki

For convenience I have saved some of the more commonly used versions to Dropbox with links below.

Interface software versions:
    Now the first thing is that you need to get an interface cable with the correct software version to work with your engine year. See below:

Version 3.5 (recommended for engines 2013 and later using the old style cables) https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2yy0h3os3...R550R.LUF?dl=0

Version 2.9.0 (recommended for most pre-2013 engines https://www.dropbox.com/s/xpfrk9v4im...2.9.0.luf?dl=0

Version 2.5.0 (suits engines up to about 2011 where 2.9 doesn't work) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/062veyt36u...2.5.0.luf?dl=0

Version 2.3.0 (suits early engines, up to about 2010) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7a20aa7t0...0_UPD.LUF?dl=0
    (Note: V 2.30 must be manually configured, where the others auto-detect the engine they are connected to. You need to use a Suzuki SMIS gauge, Lowrance HDS or Simrad MFD to do the configuration.)

SMIS 4" gauge update files
    Version 2.5.0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkfxyz7p91..._v250.luf?dl=0

Version 2.6.0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oh36a2jf21..._v260.luf?dl=0

Version 2.7.0 (latest recommended for 2013 and newer engines)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/997yftb362..._v270.luf?dl=0

SMIS 2" (LMF200) update file, this appears to be the most current version available and suits most years.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jsbppvydi..._v220.luf?dl=0

Instructions on how to upload these software versions to your Suzuki interface are included in the FAQ section of the .pdf document that is below.

Important message! (Posted July 2016)

The new interface cable versions that have part numbers ending in -290 or -350 cannot have their software versions changed to earlier versions that suit earlier engines as indicated above.

So if you need to use an earlier version (eg with engines 2009 and earlier in particular) you will need to find a dealer that can supply the old version cable that is downgradable to V 2.5 or lower. Not many have them, it seems.

So far, I can only find 1 US Suzuki dealer that seems to be able to supply these cables : International Marine, Florida. Google and you will find them. The cables they supply are used cables but tested and in good condition.

We used to be able to get the old cables here in Aus, but as of January 2018 they are no longer available. Same as the USA - your best chance is to talk to larger dealers who do lots of repowers and see if they have any used cables available.

Note to users of Suzuki's OEM colour display supplied outside USA:
    There are two versions of this gauge -
    Part # 34200-96L00 this gauge does not share engine data across the NMEA 2000 network, it only receives data (GPS).

Part # 34200-96L10. This is the version to use if you want to share engine data with other MFD's on the network. In fact it is recommended that you install this version rather than the other one in all installations, in case you want to network it with other instruments later.

BTW here is a link to the installation manual for this gauge:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2fa08g7nw...glish.pdf?dl=0

Cheers

Grant
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-04-2018, 05:49 PM.

Nice job, Grant. Real nice!
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

John, no problems, print and use with my compliments!

The young fellow looks like he's had a great role model. Except - no fishing rod! What's with that?!

Cheers

Grant

PS I have messaged the Mods and asked it be made into a "sticky", but I'm not holding my breath on that.....

Well, we have a sticky!! Thanks Mods, good to see you are around!
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-10-2015, 05:23 PM. Reason: Thanks to Mods!

Comment

Please feel free to post any questions about Suzuki networking and associated issues here. If they aren't included in the document in post #1 I will do best to answer them

Cheers

Grant

Comment

Hi , i am in the UK and use an interface cable on my df140 connected to a Lowrance HDS 1 . Is it possible that an option to use miles per uk gallon as opose to US galon might be possible in the future so that our economy is more realistic for us ?

Comment

Hi Jim

Units of measure are set by the HDS, not by the interface. Pretty sure about that.

See if you can check in the HDS menu for the option to set units to imperial gallons. Make sure your HDS is running the most up to date software as well. I can't recall, but it would be worth a look. If it isn't there, I doubt that Lowrance would be likely to update software for Gen 1 HDS units at this stage.

Cheers

Grant

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

Grant
                great job in figuring this out

gives an idea to researching the infamous "white wire" problem
                and all the potential things that can go wrong when this power source quits
                --
                and along this line.. I found recently there is power feed back when this wire is disconnected from battery.. will start another thread when I have time

Art.........

Comment

LUF File Unreadable

I have downloaded the LUF file and the File Viewer Lite, but it makes no association and does not display any content. I am using WIN 7 64 bit up-to-date updates. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by CamanoCarl View Post
                    I have downloaded the LUF file and the File Viewer Lite, but it makes no association and does not display any content. I am using WIN 7 64 bit up-to-date updates. Help!
                    I don't really understand what you are trying to do there? Why are you trying to open that file?? Just download it and save to your desktop.

Then copy and paste it onto an SD card, you can then put the SD card into the Lowrance head unit and go to the files menu, select the file, and update your interface cable.

Let me know if that helps.

Comment

Interface cable to the can bus.

Hello I am new to the Board and have a question on connecting a 2015 140 to my can bus.I have set up a nmea 2000 can bus for a depth finder with a Furuno rd33. I have ordered the cable to connect the engine to the network. It has already been programmed. My question is, Does the power for the bus come from the engine after it is connected to the bus or do I keep the power for the bus on the fuse that I ran to switched power from the helm? Thanks Rob

Comment

The network needs its own power supply. So you will keep the power supply that you've got now.

I take it that you've ordered the interface cable AND adapter cable (if connec img to the SDS port on the engine).

Good luck, let us know how you go.

Comment

I have 2014 df300, 2 of the 4inch smis gauges, and fuel level sensor with Garmin MFD. I would like to update my software for the motor, gauges, fuel sensor. The main reason for this is gauges are flaky, have seemed to reset themselves several times forgetting all the pages I have setup. Can I do this with diagnostic cable and software easily purchased on ebay since I can't do it with my Garmin? Is there any risk if I do? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by scharebear View Post
                            I have 2014 df300, 2 of the 4inch smis gauges, and fuel level sensor with Garmin MFD. I would like to update my software for the motor, gauges, fuel sensor. The main reason for this is gauges are flaky, have seemed to reset themselves several times forgetting all the pages I have setup. Can I do this with diagnostic cable and software easily purchased on ebay since I can't do it with my Garmin? Is there any risk if I do? Thanks.
                            See my reply to you on the other thread you started.

To reinforce what I told you there, NO, the network can't be updated by using the Suzuki SDS diagnostic software and cable.

Comment

Moonlighter - very informative paper there on the interfaces. I have been slowly piecing all this together my self and then found ALL my answers within your PDF!

I was just about to fit a EP85 to my network, however see your thoughts on this and now have my reservations...

I am in Australia and use Litres per NM and get the fuel accuracy issues AROUND 15% OUT. like everyone else with a Navico product. The good news here is Simrad (Evo2) MFD units received an update earlier this month which both rectified this problem and added some very cool new fuel features like a neat real time economy graphic. Its my understanding Lowrance will be releasing the same repair and update in about 3 weeks time.

Thanks again. Love my Suz and Simrad and its great to finally have them communicating accurately.

Comment

Working...
                              X