Remove Lower Unit Suzi DF50 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Lower Unit Suzi DF50 2008

Hi I am new to this site and I have a Suzuki Motor that I just love it is a pleasure to go boating now that I have peace of mind.

Since my motor gives me peace of mind I feel it deserves the best treatment possible, but since money is tight I need to do all maintence on my own. The motor has 100 hrs and is 2 years old. So far I have only changed motor oil and gear oil and oil filter as scheduled. The next thing I would like to do is change the water pump. I have tried to remove the lower unit but it would only come down about 2 inchs before feeling the shift connection catch. Not exactly sure how to detatch this to fully remove the unit any advice/pics/diagrams would be hugely appreciated....oh and if I am in the wrong area or posting improperly please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there, check out the video link I attached a few days ago, hope it helps!!

Comment

this helps some but my problem is that after unbolting everything the lower unit only comes down about an inch the shift rod needs to be disconnected on this model and I need to figure out how to do that....

Comment

Well here's the bits. Circlip up the top possibly...??

someone here must know........

Good luck!

Comment

It seems weird that the 140 lower unit just pulls right out after unbolting but my df50 has to have more work done to pull the unit.....anyone? Please>>>help!

Comment

This is what the Manual sais. It looks like it must be possible to remove without further parts to disconnect..
            Attached Files

Comment

That is SO helpfull thanks a bunch!

Comment

If it works like the manual sais I would be glad also, because I have to change impellor also this winter. So keep me informed please!!

Comment

I will take pictures and post them up on this thread once I am done

Comment

shifter shaft

There is a turnbuckle between shaft just screw it. Count threads before turning. I sent replay before.

Comment

Working...
                    X