New Color Gauge / Trim Calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Color Gauge / Trim Calibration

I have a 2015 DF140 and just replaced the SMIS 4" gauge with the new color gauge.

On the old gauge, the trim correctly indicated 0 to 100% readings.

The new gauge constantly indicates 100% regardless of the true engine trim position.

Nothing was changed except for replacing the gauge.

Using the new gauge, I've tried reconfiguring the engine and recalibrating the trim. Neither has helped.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

New gauges only been out for a couple of months. I think you are one of the first on this forum to report them being used! Lucky you!

The most knowledgeable people would be Outboard Specialties, or International Marine. Contact any of the "Mike"s at one of those businesses and they may be able to help you.

The only thing I can suggest is that you redo the network data sources. Due to replacement of the old gauge, data sources may have become corrupted.

Perhaps go into the system menu, data sources, and select auto-select for data sources. That should reset data sources to suit the new gauge and may help. Then calibrate the trim and see how you go.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-21-2015, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Problem resolved...

At the same time the new color gauge was installed, the dealer installed a new ECM as part of a recall for the DF140 engine.

Apparently when a new ECM is installed, the lower and upper trim limits need to be reprogrammed. After doing this, the trim % now reads correctly on the new gauge.

The problem had nothing to do with the new gauge...the new ECM was the root cause.

Comment

That's good. Thanks for letting us know.

Be good to get a report on the new gauges and how they perform once you've had them for a while! They do look very nice!

Comment

Working...
        X