DF115 Oil Pressure Alarm Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF115 Oil Pressure Alarm Light

Oil pressure alarm light flashes and beeps a 2 pause 3 sequence. Oil level is perfect and the engine runs fine when started. Alarm code indicates an IAT sensor problem. The alarm occurs without the engine running (key in the on positon) which to me points to a bad IAT sensor. My concern is that the oil pressure light is flashing rather than the check engine light. Does anyone know if the oil light is suppose to flash with a bad IAT sensor rather than the check engine light? All warning ligths check out as operational when first starting. Thanks

Buying Suzuki

Newby here..so please forgive me if I've jumped in at the wrong place...looking for advice...never owned an OB except on the dinghy for my 40' diesel trawler...downsizing to a 24' Rosborough...buying a Florida boat with twin 2003 D115 OBs with 1,500 hrs...planning to have them surveyed by a certified Suzuki dealer...anything in particular I should be looking for in this model, age range? Any suggestion from experienced Suzuki owners welcomed...
    Thanks
    Jay Moore

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainJayMoore View Post
      Newby here..so please forgive me if I've jumped in at the wrong place...looking for advice...never owned an OB except on the dinghy for my 40' diesel trawler...downsizing to a 24' Rosborough...buying a Florida boat with twin 2003 D115 OBs with 1,500 hrs...planning to have them surveyed by a certified Suzuki dealer...anything in particular I should be looking for in this model, age range? Any suggestion from experienced Suzuki owners welcomed...
      Thanks
      Jay Moore
      Yep, you jumped in at the wrong place all right. That's called "hijacking" someone else's thread. But I see that you also started your own thread a few minutes later, so all is forgiven.
      Last edited by Harper; 07-21-2015, 12:14 PM.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Lotoboater, I don't know of a code being flashed by the oil light, so the 2-3 code is a problem. I don't know if it's at all possible to wire the four warning lights incorrectly, but if it's a legitimate code, then it refers to the IAT sensor, as you indicated. But what I would do if I were you, would be to disregard for the moment the flash sequence and try a reset of the oil change reminder system, and see if that stops the flashing oil light. Pull the emergency stop switch key out of the kill switch, turn your ignition switch on (don't start) and pull the kill switch out three times within ten seconds. If the flashing stops (and the light stays off), I would assume that what you were seeing was indeed the oil change reminder function being displayed.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks Mike. The oil change reminder reset is the very first thing I did. I got the beep indicating it was successfully reset so I'm assuming it was reset. Have recieved that alarm previously so I'm thinking the light must be wired right. I went ahead and ordered an IAT because the flash sequence was definetly 2-3 even thought it appears to be the wrong alarm light. I'll let you know how it turns out when I get the new sensor put in. It was 96 degrees and very humid the day it happened so may the sensor is just weak and it thought it was a lot hotter.

Comment

lotoboater - I have the exact problem did changing the IAT fix problem?

Comment

Working...
            X