Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT75 propellor shaft housing removal

Hi pros,
    Newby to the forum so please be kind. Desperately need some guidance with removal of my prop shaft housing. I have an old DT 75 and need to remove prop shaft housing so I can replace all seals. Manual and part drawings that I have access to contain conflicting information and shaft housing seems to be stuck, hence I am here.
    Outboard repair manual for DT75 and DT85 as well as Suzuki Outboard Workshop Manual refer to removal of split ring and depict the propeller shaft housing as in OutRepMan.

However my prop shaft housing looks more like the one depicted in Suzuki Parts Manual. There are two bolts top and bottom when looking from the prop towards the gear case. I have removed both bolts however housing seems to be baked on by corrosion. I made an extraction tool as depicted. I have applied some heat but the housing is not moving. I have not yet removed the seal around the prop shaft. Am I missing something? What would be the correct procedure for removal of prop shaft housing? Hope all the photos are attached.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

It saddens me to see noone replied to you SA_snapper.

I am in the same situation, only i screwed totally up, thinking i could be able to slowly pry the housing out. Did.. Not... Work...
    I need to replace my shift dog, now I need a complete housing, if I ever figure out what the hell i do now.
    2021-09-01 19_31_43-Foto - Google Foto.jpg

I really hope someone has some good advice.
    Seller made the claim this engine was without any problems, and I've been out of water for four months now..

Comment

Working...
    X