Df140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df140

Looking for advice on fuel treatment, both for running and for storage. A friend with a yami said his dealer recommends Quicksilver Quickare, available at Walmart and inexpensive.

I have used sta-bil for years and never had a fuel problem.

Comment

I've also used Sta-Bil for years and haven't had a problem one.

Comment

I have used Sta-Bil religiously!! Make sure you use "Marine Sta-Bil" It has additives specifically for marine engines. Also kepp your tanks full. I live on the gulf coast where there is alot of humidity, a 1/2 full tank, especially an aluminum one will let water condense inside tank. I have used both types of fuel (ethanaol & non-ethanol) but for the last 3 years used only marine fuel. It costs a little more but I belive it is well worth not encountering the problems related to using ethanol fuel!!

Comment

I drain my fuel completley( for the 6 month long winter here in The Netherlands), (Stainless steel tank), and let the engine run for 5 minutes on Aspen synthetic petrol before shutting her off. Starts up everytime in the spring on the first go, clean as a whistle- and you don't run on stale fuel in the spring either.

Comment

Working...
          X