SUZUKI recalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUZUKI recalls

Hi. Is there any information about Suzuki recall here?
    When I ordered 100t service the tech said that the ECM has to be changed. My DF100A is a totally "New" engine now!
    In EU over 20.000 engines in DF100A/115A/140A-series is sold with several fault in ECM.

Here is an example of one recall:

?????????????? 2015?5?14? DF100A/115A/140A??????????????????????????????????

Yes, there is a recall on the DF100-140A series engines ECU. I have a friend with twin DF115A's and both his ECU's are being replaced at the next service when he gets it done.

The dealer said there is no urgency. He was told that it is because they added a water in fuel detector in the engine but disabled the related alarm feature in the ECU so they are replacing the ECU's.

The link you added is all in Japanese, I used google translate and it confirms the above reason that my friend was told is why the recall is happening. There seems to be no mention about any hesitation etc.

I'd suggest to the other posted with the hesitation issue, contact your Suzuki dealer about the ECU recall and get that organised, and while they have it in there, get them to check the hesitation issue.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 09-09-2015, 07:26 PM.

Comment

My example was in Japanese and it is about water-in-fuel alarm. But it is also a recall regarding controlling of inlet valve. This is an earlier recall and I can't find it on the internet. Suzuki-dealer fix it when the engine is on service. They dont warn you otherwise!

Symptoms are hesitating, stopping after running speed and drifting in rpm.
      My engine is now totally stable, quick when throttling up and never stops. The sound and the Power is much better. Lesser use of fuel and slightly higher topp speed.

In the last year many people says that the Suzuki is "no good". Change ECM is the answer! (DF100A/115A/140A)

Asgeir in Norway.

Comment

I just found out,I need the balancers replace on my 2012 DF 175 outboard.it only has 420 hrs.suzuki told the dealer that's kind of common on those year engines.they did'nt mention a recall.how do I check for them?I am not a happy camper.

Comment

Authorised Suzuki dealers receive “Service Bulletins” from Suzuki. These bulletins identify items requiring attention. They may be simply advice on servicing procedures, or advice on solving problems that customers have experienced. Or, advice to replace faulty components.

I am unaware of any public source where these service bulletins can be accessed. If someone knows, please post where and we should be able to get forum *****s to post a link, assuming its a legitimate site.

Most countries have websites where formal manufacturer RECALLS are posted when the matter is one affecting safety. Consumer Affairs and those kind of organisations would be where to search in your country.

Your best chance with Suzuki might be to see if the distributor in your country has the facility on their website to “register” your engine and your details so you get service reminders etc. They may possibly include formal RECALLS in that service.

Comment

I think earlier recall was about O2 sensor bad communication with ECU.
            I got ECU replaced on my DF140A(2015) about 1 month ago because broken 2 times O2 sensor in 1200 hours use.
            Now engine sound and power are different,runs better expecially between 3000-4200 rpm,where before had a hole.and pass 4200 till 6150 rpm was ok.
            My fuel consumpion is increased a little,no speed or rpm gain.
            I got my old ECU (part N: 33920-92JE0I) replaced with ECU Part n.33920-92JE1.
            Which ECU part number you get?

Comment

Working...
            X