Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF115 water on trim and tilt

hi everybody

I recently noticed a leak of tilt and trim fluid on my engine, when I went to check the level on the reservoir and removed the filling cap...lots of contaminated fluid came out, I think water is getting insidel thru the o'ring around the tilt rod..my question is how do I drain the system to remove all the contaminated fluid after replacing the oring? any ideas? any body has been thru this before? thanks in advance for your replys...

Dmaschi: My DF115 is doing the same thing, and from the tilt rod as well, the fluid looks like milk - a sure sign of water. I'm kind of scared as to what is entailed in replacing that o-ring... anyone?

Comment

hey shansgonefishin

I just found out that they don't sell the tilt rod O'ring alone, so I'm planning on buying the whole reservoir cover for around a $100 (ouch!!)..and I'm going to remove the tilt and trim unit from the motor this week to remove all the bad fluid and put some new one on...I really dont wanna do this but nobody has an answer on how to drain the unit withour removing it.

Comment

Good luck!

If you have the time I would like to know how the change out went, was it easy or "never again"!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X