Motor with a hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor with a hole

I looked at a jon boat (to purchase) today that has a 25HP Suzuki outboard on it. The owner said the problem with the motor is that it has a hole in it. Whenever it's used and water is pumped through the engine, it shoots out of this hole and sprays all over the electronics. Below are a few photos of the motor and the hole... I can get this boat at a pretty good price because of this issue. I'm just wondering what I would be looking at on a repair price... just trying to figure out if it will be worth it or not.

JB weld works wonders in that bo bo! If the owner had sprayed the aluminium with silicon spray from the very bweginning he would have averted thei problem.

New engines need to be sprayed on the outside with silicon (100%) spray and there will not be any external corrosion!

Comment

I've thought about using JB Weld, but wouldn't you need to get to both sides of the hole to make a good patch? Another thing is how much pressure is built up when the water circulates? Would JB hold the pressure? I have no clue... I'm just trying to figure out if it will be worth purchasing the boat/motor.

Comment

Hole

Do not buy engine is corroded from in side out. That is the engine block.

Comment

Larry,
          I started thinking about that over the weekend and decided to look for another boat. I actually found one and it's in the back yard.... this one looks brand new. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X