all 3 warning lights on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all 3 warning lights on

I put a new 25hp outboard on my dinghy. I am following the recommended break-in schedule, with about 2-3 hours on the engine so far.

I noticed all 3 warning lights (oil, temp and chk engine) lights are on when running. With the key ON, I get the 2 second buzzer, the 3 lights are on, but don't go off.

No idea where to start - any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Last edited by haroldw; 09-30-2015, 06:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Uh.... leave somethin' unplugged at the engine or console? Also, I think there's a fuse in the section of the engine harness going to the tach/monitor, although I'm not sure how it would effect things if blown. These are just wild guesses, but are the first things I would double check if I were the one with the problem.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks Mike, will check.

I did disconnect the battery, thinking a "reset" may help. Weird, when I turned the switch on I heard the 2 second buzzer, the lights went on and turned off, as they should! The dinghy was up on davits so I couldn't start it....maybe that did it?!

As soon as hurricane Joaquin blows through I'll drop the dinghy and try running it aging.

Thanks for your input and advise! I'll let you know what happens!

Comment

Originally posted by haroldw View Post
        Thanks Mike, will check.

I did disconnect the battery, thinking a "reset" may help. Weird, when I turned the switch on I heard the 2 second buzzer, the lights went on and turned off, as they should! The dinghy was up on davits so I couldn't start it....maybe that did it?!

As soon as hurricane Joaquin blows through I'll drop the dinghy and try running it aging.

Thanks for your input and advise! I'll let you know what happens!
        I have the same problem with a brand new DF30ATL. The other engine worked fine. This one has all three lights permanently on, no warning buzzer to indicate a problem and it runs. Neither engine will communicate with the multifunction gauge via the engine interface to NMEA2000. How did you resolve the three light problem?

Comment

Does anyone know if haroldw's solution is the correct one? My motor is having the same problem. All three lights on, brighter at start, then solid red. No buzzer. No obvious problem with the motor.

Comment

Working...
          X