SDS Adapter issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDS Adapter issues

I have an SDS adapter and the software obtained from ebay. I have used it on my DF60A for the past year 1/2. Recently, I went to download data and it would not work. I tried everything I could think of (different USB ports, uninstalling, re-installing, etc). No go. I figured perhaps the cable had some issues so given the price, I got another from ebay. Still no love. I even tried a freshly installed laptop (had one I just redid from work). Not working with either machine or cable (two different OBD2-USB adapters and two OBD-ECM connectors). Under the USB controllers "section" in Device Manager, I have a USB serial port item. If I manually install the SDS_USB driver (under Program Files > Suzuki > etc) and it gives me a warning about incompatibility. If it installs, I get a BSOD every time. If it's stays as generic USB serial port, then the SDS software won't find the engine. In this thread, it appears vabrad76's driver is loaded (and presumably doesn't crash his computer)... Now I don't know what to do? Can anyone offer suggestions? I don't think the cables are bad??? Thanks in advance.

Tried these drivers?

Suzuki SDS outboard diagnostics kit

And make sure you are on com1
    Last edited by keizerh; 10-03-2015, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Yes - I tried loading those drivers. I have no trouble seeing the USB-ODB2 interface. I have it just like this picture from the other thread (but mine is on COM1 as it's supposed to be):

I do not have the SDS USB Adapter under my Universal Serial Bus controllers:

I tried selecting each USB composite device and "manually" loading the SDS_Driver_64 from the Suzuki program directory. That's where I got the warning - then, when loaded (and just like in the second image above), I get a BSOD - every time!

Comment

Did you ever solve this problem? Having the exactly same problem with my computer!

Comment

Yes - in a way... I used a different laptop. Not sure what was going on with mine, but another worked fine. I also now have SDS 8.0. Not sure if that would change things (for the better)?

Comment

it's not the driver. you have to plug in the interace and set the com port to com1 for the interface otherwise it won't work

Step 3.
            For Suzuki SDS to work the interface must communicate on COM port 1.
            Next we will check the COM port number and change it is necessary.
            Make sure the interface USB cable is plugged in.
            Open the “Run” command by holding the Windows Key while Press the R key.
            A Run box will pop up. Type “devmgmt.msc” (without the quotes) and press enter.
            In the list locate “Ports (COM & LPT)”
            Click the small arrow on the left to drop down.
            If the driver has installed successfully you should see “USB-SERIAL CH340 (COM1)” as in the
            image below.
            If your port is already set to COM1 proceed to step 5 and install SDS software.

if you place an other usb device that want's to use com 1 it moves your interface to an free com port

Comment

I've joined the club of SDS software frustrated users. I've got a DF50 on a Macregor 26M. It just has the console with the tach and nothing else. So no indicator light with flashing codes. I'm trying to get the thing to run when I put the warm up lever down. It dies and seems maybe a low idle? Seems it's all controlled by the electronics, but need this to see what is going on.
              I have it installed on a laptop running Windows10. I know that it doesn't work in Win 10, so I've run it in Windows7 compatibility mode. No luck. The computer does find the USB with the beep and does show up on Com1 as it should. Strange that you can't select the port in the software though, but it's all set as it should. Drivers are installed, but nothing.
              The only odd thing is that they say use a computer that is NOT powered on an AC cable, but on a battery. My laptop only runs when plugged in since the battery is old, but I'm not sure why they say it needs a computer on a battery. Makes no sense.
              I've had this boat and motor about 2 months now and it's been nothing but a pain. :-(
              Any ideas? -- Tom

Comment

Working...
              X