Df140tx High revving Idle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df140tx High revving Idle.

I recently had water in my fuel in my suziDf140tx engines. I then replaced the high pressure fuel pump,regulator and injectors and after putting engine back together,the rev's were rather high for idle (2200-2400rpm) I can plane the boat with both engines but this engine will only go to 4000rpm,anymore and it starts to surge up & down and loses power. Can someone please help me as we have pulled the manifold off again and can't see anything,like a pinched hose,etc. cheers

The high idle usually means an intake air leak, check intake gasket and throttle body gasket.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

just use carb cleaner and see if rpm changes, other than that a iac valve needs to be clean
      HUMAN-BUILT = HUMAN-FIXED

SWITCHBAIT

Comment

Thanks for the replies,I managed to find the problem and it was that valve,
        I carby cleaned it and put it back in and it was all good.Thanks for your help.

Comment

Now my engine struggles to idle when I bring it back from running. It usually just dies when I slow down and I now have to put extra revs when I start the boat. Could it be the same problem-IAC valve? Any way to fix?or just replace.

Comment

Working...
          X