Twin 140 repower C10 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin 140 repower C10 questions

I just repowered with twin 2017 DF140 motors using a single C10 gauge. I have a couple of questions regarding the C10 display. The C10 display is not showing the trim level on the starboard motor, the port engine is fine. I checked all the connections and still a no go. Any ideas? Also the C10 gauge shows gallons used for the port motor but not for the starboard motor. Are these two items related? RPM and temp are registering for both motors. Thanks in advance.

Possibly a network configuration issue, and/or gauge setup issue.

(Ideally with twins you would want 2 x C-10’s at least, its just about having the area to show the info you want... but anyway...)

Who installed the motors and set up the network and the gauge?
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-30-2017, 12:45 AM.

Comment

The motors were set up by a Suzuki dealer here on the Texas coast. I’d rather not name names until it becomes an issue.

Comment

In that case, I recommend that you talk to the dealer and explain your concerns, and ask them to fix it for you. Should not be too difficult or take them long to fix it for you.

These sorts of issues, especially with twin engine data on one gauge (and with an owner that hasnt got experience with a NMEA2000 network or these digital gauges) are best resolved when you are there in person to see whats been done and can work thru menu’s etc.

However, the basic trouble shooting steps involved, IMO, would be as below. They are kind of sequential steps so do them in order, at least the first couple.

Firstly, do you know how to check the network setup in the C-10? The network should be set up as 2 engines/ and presumably 2 tanks (or whatever you have).

If that is set correctly, the next thing is to check that the engines should show up on the network device list as Starboard and Port engines. Make sure thats all good before anything else.

If this is all correctly set, then the first issue (port engine trim now showing) could be as simple as the trim for the port engine not having been calibrated, or not set up to display. Calibrating it requires you to go into the network device list, select the port engine from the list, and select “calibrate” from the menu and then follow the on screen instructions to calibrate the trim settings. That may be al that us required, but if it still doesnt show there is probably a setting in the C-10 to allow it to show. The C-10 manual will tell ypu how to do that.

Need more info re the second issue -
        1. How many fuel tanks do you have?

2. does the C-10 have a fuel page setup where you can see a gauge or a digital readout showing fuel level for the port engine, and a gauge showing fuel level for the starboard engine?? What I am getting at is, is the C10 set up with gauges for both emgines, or is there only one? Pkesae explain fully what you are seeing, better still, a photo of the page with the missing fuel data would be great.

If the above is all sounding a bit complicated to you, then, as I recommended, best to talk to your dealer, and let them fix it.

They may be able to send someone out or even talk you thru it over the phone.

If you do get them to do it, when its fixed ask them to give you a really thorough walk thru on the gauge and where to find various info, and especially to show you how to reset it when you add fuel/fill up your tanks, it is really important that you know how to do that properly.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-30-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I have it sorted out. It was a configuration issue. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X