Suzuki df150 weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki df150 weight

Hey folks in another thread I mentioned that I ordered a boat with a new df150 with 25" shaft and mechanical instead of digital controls. I'm sure I'll be more than happy with the decision but am still curious why the 2017 models weigh 522 lbs vs 485 lbs for an identically set up 2016 model. Any idea where the extra 37 lbs came from? Thanks

I think there is a slight difference between the standard and counter rotation but not that much

Comment

Spoke to Suzuki customer service the other day. Showed the lady what I was talking about and she contacted an engineer who said 522 lbs is the correct weight and that the 2016 brochures showing 485 lbs must be a typo. They thanked me for bringing it to their attention. Suzuki claims the engine is one of the lightest in its class but Yamaha, Merc and Honda all claim to be in the 400s. I asked her about that claim and she said its a marketing thing and she has nothing to do with that. Maybe the other manufacturers are fibbing too. Who knows? I'm sure I'll be happy with my chunky df150 when it gets here.

Comment

Working...
      X