2016 DF300 Electrical Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 DF300 Electrical Problems

I have a 2016 Blue Wave with a 2016 Suzuki DF 300 that got a little water under the cowling and in the hull during hurricane. The Boat is rigged with Suzuki fly by wire controls It starts and runs fine and as far as I can tell everything works. The problem is that when I turn the pergo switch on the engine and dash are HOT ! You have to turn off the battery to turn off the power to engine and gauges. I have checked all wire connections and found no corrosion and have replaced the two main relays under the cowling in the fuse box. The key will kill the motor but not the power to the motor, The key and controls did not go under water. the Control module under the dash might have got wet but it does not look as if it did. NEED help from any one who knows how these thing are rigged.

You'll need to dig up a wiring diagram but.. Pull the plugs off the ecu on the motor and verify they are bone dry inside. On the a's (2013 up) all functions, gauges, beeps etc etc are controlled by the ecu, it sees a connection from the run and/or acc position of the key and sends the power to gauges, ignition, fuel pump etc. It's all internal and much of it is done through low current sensing as apposed to high current like older motors. When my ecu fried on my 140a it was powering the gauges and trim up as soon as bat switch was turned on yet was able to see trim down (but just went back to up again).. Of course in my case it was truely fried with goo dripping out of it None the less, your key tells the ecu to turn everything on, if not everything is turning on, or in your case turning off, then the ecu itself may be toast. Without the wiring diagram you'll truely chase your tail and potentially waste money on parts.

Comment

Is this condition different than before?
      The main power lead off the battery to the engine terminates at the starter motor. Is always hot unless you turn the battery switch to off
      Your dash should also be wired to be hot all the time, unless you turn everything off at the battery switch
      your ignition key when turned to “on” sends power to the ECM that in turn powers up the engine electronics - there should be a connection off a lead at the battery switch that connects to the “white wire” - the power source to your remote
      the trim switch on the remote should work all the time, repeating myself, as long as the battery switch is on
      does this answer some of your questions?
      Art

Comment

Ditto what Art said. There is supposed to be power to the motor all the time. Unless we're misunderstanding your post, there's nothing wrong. It doesn't mean that any power is being consumed, only that it's available at the motor so things will turn on as soon as you turn your ignition key to on. Now if you're talking about with the key off, that things on the dashboard are active, and the voltmeter is showing battery voltage, etc, then yes, there is a problem. So please explain further if you have some indication that the gauges are powered on all the time or you thing the ECU is getting power with the key off.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
        X