weird !!!! Suzuki DF70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird !!!! Suzuki DF70

I have a 1999 Suzuki DF 70. Current problem is a BEEP (alarm).
    As soon as I turn the key to the ON position, there is a long beep and the CHECK ENGINE, OIL, and LIMIT lights, light up on the tach.
    The the LIMIT light stays on and the needle goes to 4000rpm. The light goes off and the needle goes back to zero.
    Then I have a long single beep every 5-7 seconds with no lights, no codes.
    I also have the same long single beep every 5-7 seconds with the engine running.
    I have performed the 'Oil Change Reminder" reset
    I checked battery voltage with the engine OFF and i have 12.26V.

I own the Suzuki Diagnostic software Version 7.0. It shows no errors or faults.

***.!!

Suzuki Forum, and not one person has an answer NOR comment

Comment

I understand your frustration
      I have looked at your post a number of times but not familiar with your model as I have a '06 Df175
      You state you have diagnostic software which is probably more than most that are on the forum
      Do you own the service manual?
      Having said that in my service manual here are the things that create an alarm
      When you go from off to on with the key:
      The ECM tests the system all 4 lamps go on and the caution buzzer for 2 seconds
      Then- next 3 seconds the ECM indicates total operating hours through a series of alarms and rpm readings
      You are correct on the oil change _ that is 2 short alarms every 5 seconds
      The 1 - 1 code indicates a fault in the rectifier & regulator and after starting the engine the indication will appear again
      They refer to it as an overcharging error
      There is a page on checking resistance on the wiring pins
      I would start by checking the wiring terminals Take them apart, look for any type of corrosion and put them back together
      If the OHM readings are out of spec the manual tells you to replace the rectifier & regulator
      Art

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have the Service Manual also.

I haven't messed with the boat in about 3 weeks, but I will this weekend.

Comment

Working...
        X