Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 Johnson/Zuki Ignition Switch Compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Johnson/Zuki Ignition Switch Compatible?

My son has a 2005 Johnson (DF140). Over the holidays I was hoping to replace his ignition/key switch and safety lanyard. I did not see the parts on the Johnson microfilm, but they are available for a 2005 Zuki. Will the electrical connections work, appears to be an exact replacement physically. (I believe the ignition switch on the boat, and separate from the throttle box, is the original from the 1998 Johnson and was not charged during repower in 2005). The key is in bad shape and the boat runs with or without the lanyard installed. (I believe this is due to the lanyard switch's spring is broken and does not sense the lanyard removed)

2005 DF140 Suzuki Marine Outboard OPT:SWITCH (DF140T) Diagram and Parts

I don't see any other responses to your question do this is going to be in generslities
    Most remotes have a netural connection so engine doesn't turn over when gears are engaged
    The remote ignition switches compatible with our engines incorporate that feature
    So if the current key system will not allow starting when in gear I would think the key system you refer to will work exactly the same

Comment

Thanks Art. I will order the parts and give it a shot next weekend.

Comment

Just wanted to follow up and update the thread. As it turns out the boat was re powered from a 1999 2 stroke Johnson to a 2005 140F Johnson/ Suzuki. The ignition key was the original from the 2 stroke. Ordered a replace for the original Johnson/Evinrude ignition switch and installed it in less then 10 minutes, works great. Actually now the safety lanyard needs to be installed to run the engine, I guess the old one was wore out.

Craig

Comment

Working...
        X