Disconnecting a throttle link rod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnecting a throttle link rod.

E56A6893-65AA-4DE4-8BB5-F8584C3D144F.jpeg Here's a pic of the throttle link rod on my '03 DF25. It need to be disconnected so I can get the carbs off. The question is, how do I get it off? I thought about gently prying it off with a flat-blade screwdriver (as a friend says he does) but thought it'd better ask for help before I go into gorilla mode. So .. suggestions? Is there a special tool I need to use? Thanks in advance.

---
    John
    ---
    John

John
    that is a simple compression type connector that also acts as a bearing
    it should come off by gently prying on it
    art

Comment

Art, thanks. I hoped that was the case but was a little reluctant to start forcing things. I'm sure this is a really simple thing to folks that have wrenched on these engines a lot so, if so, my apology.
      ---
      John
      ---
      John

Comment

It important to ask
        I like to say there are no dumb questions, so just ask..
        however having said that - some people have really tried to test the theory at times

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post
          It important to ask
          I like to say there are no dumb questions, so just ask..
          however having said that - some people have really tried to test the theory at times
          Agreed and isn't that the universal problem in teaching/explaining anything? My field during my working days was IT. My wife taught me a lot of patience when she'd ask me to explain something to her about her computer, operating system & software. My other interests/skills are home construction/framing/plumbing/wiring, tractors old/new, welding, airplanes. No experience with outboards. Suzuki 4-strokes are engines, though, and all 4-strokes have a lot in common. At the same time, some parts are in different places and use some different kinds of parts & fittings. Hence my question on the throttle link rod. I just haven't dealt with that kind of smallish ball-joint connector before.

So your patience (and everyone's) is appreciated. I'll no doubt have more questions but I assure you I'm making my manual part of my everyday reading. LOL. Suzuki makes clear that they expect the manual to be used by trained techs so they fly over some things that make me stop and say "Whoa, how did you get to that step?" An example in my carbs/manifold removal is that Suzuki says I should remove the fuel pump as a step in removing the carbs/manifold. I see no reason - in looking at the engine - why the fuel pump should be pulled. Maybe that will become apparent when I've removed all the other bolts and it still won't come loose.

Anyway, thanks again, Art.
          Last edited by TxAg66; 01-31-2018, 01:29 PM.
          ---
          John

Comment

very much agree with you on many points
            I learned much by the seat of my pants, so to speak there were no manuals
            however there are some really good contributors to this forum
            glad you found us and let know if/when you need more help
            Art

Comment

i always use these tools . also greal for loosning fuel hoses

tools.JPG

Comment

I'm also into RC models. For small I use a Ball Link Plier
                Ball Link Plier.jpg
                Attached Files
                Regards, Martin
                DF200 2007

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions on tools. I'd seen the small prying tool that Pniksnut mentioned but not the ball-link pliers that Hoos suggested. Both look like worthwhile additions. Thanks again!
                  ---
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X