DF300AP No spark on starboard bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF300AP No spark on starboard bank

A little back story may help. My lift broke and the motor went under water for a few hours. Took the boat out of the water. Pickled the motor. Before trying to restart, replaced the entire harness, new plugs, new vst tank, checked compression and cleaned all connections.

Motor starts and runs on 3 cylinders. Swapped coils, injectors and camshaft sensors and no change. The motor only runs on the port bank. There is no spark on the starboard bank.

Any ideas what to look for?

Also swapped ECM's with another motor. No change there either.

Comment

Turned out to be a relay. Now it runs on all 6 but stalls if reved over 1000 rpm's. I'm also getting an intermittent miss. Guessing the throttle is bad.

Comment

When an engine went under water you can expect strange things to happen. Good that you resolved the relay thing. What relay went broken?
        Regards, Martin
        DF200 2007

Comment

I replaced all 3. They were all the same. Denso 256700-2480

Comment

Tried a new electronic throttle today. Still can't get past 1000 rpm. Able 1000 is sputters and stalls. I'm starting to think the injectors maybe the issue.

I definitely have spark and air. The VST is new so the high pressure pump is new. The low pressure pump is original but is working. I don't get any codes either.

Comment

Working...
            X