Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the CDI module for a 1985 30hp outboard obsolete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the CDI module for a 1985 30hp outboard obsolete?

Hello,

I have a suzuki outboard that needs a CDI module replaced but the boat repair shop I took it to says they no longer make this part (# 39200-963411) and they are unable to obtain one. I guess this specific CDI module is obsolete?

My question is: can a different CDI module be used in its place or does it have to be that exact part #? I see a few part #39200-96340 out there for 2 stroke 25-35 hp Suzuki outboards so I'm wondering if that could be used in conjunction with it's respective ignition parts.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Is this the part - look at the list of motors it is compatible with.

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/su...900-96340.html

Comment

The part # 32900-96300 is obsolete, but it's been superceded by part # 32900-96340 that Moonlighter pointed out.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thank you for the quick replies. Moonlighter, I hope that is the part. My boat is still at the shop so I can't look at it right now. I do not even know if my outboard is a DT30LF or a DT30SF ignition at the moment.The shop manager just gave me the part # that he needs to replace . Funny thing is I can't even find a picture of the CDI module with part #39200-963411 - I don't know if it was a typo he texted me - but I would like to visually compare it to 32900-96340.

I will throw that 96340 part # at him and see what he says. It would be great if that's the one since I see it on ebay for $93, about $200 cheaper than quoted from his parts provider that didn't have the other one in stock.

Thank you for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Krusty View Post
          Thank you for the quick replies. Moonlighter, I hope that is the part. My boat is still at the shop so I can't look at it right now. I do not even know if my outboard is a DT30LF or a DT30SF ignition at the moment.The shop manager just gave me the part # that he needs to replace . Funny thing is I can't even find a picture of the CDI module with part #39200-963411 - I don't know if it was a typo he texted me - but I would like to visually compare it to 32900-96340.

I will throw that 96340 part # at him and see what he says. It would be great if that's the one since I see it on ebay for $93, about $200 cheaper than quoted from his parts provider that didn't have the other one in stock.

Thank you for your input.
          That doesn't matter. The part number is used for all those engines. Besides that, the only difference between the DT30LF and the DT30SF is a short (S) or long (L) shaft.
          Regards, Martin
          DF200 2007

Comment

Working...
          X