Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big end issues

Hi all,

After getting my 1981 DT115 up and running with a secondhand CDI unit (which was a mare to find), a big end bearing went on my first outing significantly damaging the piston and con rod. I may be able to salvage the con rod and pistons seem to be pretty easy to find but big end bearings are a different matter. They are now obsolete apparently and I can find one anywhere. It's the split type bearing as opposed to the complete circle. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a big end bearing or does anyone have a piston/conrod/bearing assy kicking around? It'll be a shame to scrap the motor because I can't get the bearing especially after the work I've already put into it.

Cheers

Jamie

Did you go to the parts page and find the bearing?
    If you did, click on the part itself and often it will give you give you an alternate part number, or tell you it also fits any number of other engines
    and.. if you call and talk to the folks in the parts department, they may have an idea to help you.

Art..

Comment

Thanks Art,

Unfortunately the 115 and 140 are only shown on and after 1986 on the parts page and this shows the one piece bearing. I need the older split bearing; 09269-40002 (bearing, middle) & possibly 09263-35016 (bearing crank pin). I'm in the UK and my dealer says there's none in Europe... must be able to get hold of one somehow! I'll figure out how to e-mail the parts boys.

Jamie.

Comment

you are right I don’t see the part here
        go to Brownspoint Marine
        I see the part on the schematic but fail to see a split bearing
        Art

Comment

you might also try emailing the parts department here
          try parts@boat.net

Art..

Comment

Working...