Water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pump

More an observation than a problem. Have just changed the water pump in my DF175 and while running it in a tub of water. I notice that there is water coming out of the 3 bleed holes on both sides of the cav plate. Where does this water come from is it by pass from the pump or water returning from the engine somewhere? The pee stream is good and strong but I was just curious.

You're right, no problem. I'm not sure, but I expect it's excess water not needed for cooling the water jacket, water that bypasses the thermostat. In a cooling system with a radiator, it would be flowing back into the radiator without passing through the engine cooling jacket.

Same with the muffs ....
    Attached Files
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

The mechanic that worked on my engine this past year said he put another set of muffs over these two holes -the ones in front of the muffs on the photos the have water spewing out
      It may be that excess water from the hose escapes here but if you need to run the engine it would then ability to pull air into the cooling system
      Art

Comment

Working...
      X