New Prop finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Prop finally

I finally got to trying out a new prop on my Haines Hunter 17R with a DF140 on it. Initially had 17p prop on and was like being stuck in 3rd gear! It would hit rev limiter nearly straight away when trying WOT. Have put a genuine 21p alloy on (stainless are soooo expensive!) and now get the following:

about 38 knots at 6000rpm WOT which seems about right to me. The engine sounds like its loaded about right now.

Sounds like thats a pretty good choice. As you say, out here the price of a Suzuki stainless prop, if you dont get it as part of the package with the engine, is frightening. As part of the initial purchase they are not so badly priced, though.

The SS 14x20 would be perfect on that boat. I run that on my DF115 on a Surtees Workmate 5.5 and its spot on. It is a very popular and effective choice on the DF115/140 motors.

I know a few guys who baulked at the cost of the 14x20 stainless Suzuki prop, and fitted the SOLAS equivalent model and found that its very nearly as good, so maybe that might be worth thinking about. The stainless props do hang on a lot better than the alloy ones.

Comment

Yeah mate $1300 odd was way too much for me! I got a genuine Suzuki alloy one though which apparently are really good. I got it from someone who got it his new 140s new and then changed so got a good deal.

A Solas 13 7/8 x 21 was about 580 i think? I did have a Turning Point 14 x 21 lined up for 300 which looked brand new but that fell through. Anyway this will keep me out of trouble for a while and give the engine a break from revving so hard!

Comment

Working...
      X