IAT sensor alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAT sensor alarm

I'm getting an alarm from the IAT sensor on my 2005 DF140. Switched the IAT sensor but the alarm does not go away. Does anyone have any idea what my next steps should be?

My manual for '06 DF175 indicates the cylinder temp sensor and the IAT sensor are the same
    With ignition off check for resistance
    5.3-6.6k
    If resistance is good then either a ECM or a wire continuity problem
    Would suspect it is the latter
    Check the wiring for a bad wire or loose connection

Comment

Good tip

Thanks for your reply. I'm wondering what could cause an actual fail. Any ideas.

Rej

Comment

"stuff" happens!
        check the resistant at the sensor and again at the wiring pin
        you would have to look at the manual for your engine to determine which pins in the wiring connection correlate to the IAT sensor..

sometimes.. taking connections apart and putting them back together can clear up problems..

actually according to my manual this sensor and the cylinder head temp sensor are one in the same.. which mean to me you could actually swap the sensors
        undo the wiring and check each sensor with your ohm meter
        if that checks out good.. then check for a broken wire or and end connector that may have come apart internally when you are taking the wire on and off the sensor. pulling on the wiring can do that..

Art

Comment

Many thanks

Thanks for the great advice. Can't work on it now as we are getting drench in the Florida keys. But it looks good for tomorrow.

Rej

Comment

Working...
          X