Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF150 Water Pressure Valve location

Hi.
    I am new to forum and suzuki motors. Recently purchased used 2007 DF150 and am doing a number of maintenance procedures before using.
    I just purchased new thermostat and water pressure control valve.
    I can find the thermostat, however I cannot find the location of the water pressure control valve based on the brownspoint diagram. Can anyone help me locate the exact spot on the engine?. Also, I am having trouble locating the internal zincs. Any help would be much appreciated.

First let me suggest getting the service manual
    It will be a tremendous asset on many fronts besides these questions
    The water control valve is located on the port side of the oil pan
    Find the cover plate that has the fresh water flush port
    Outside the lower left corner is another cover plate with two bolts
    This is where the water pressure valve is located
    The anodes are also on the port side - to the rear of the ECM
    Two are located on the side facing you above and below the ECM
    And 3 more to back side
    The are somewhat tear drop shaped
    Art

Comment

Yep that is correct. I just changed mine in my 07 115. I've only had the motor a couple years so I've been going through it as well. When I popped the cover off the housing that is attached to it snapped. Had to get a new cover plate. All is good now.
      2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Comment

Thanks so much Art. I see where you are talking about. I will definitely take your advice and buy the manual. Some things are easy to find based on the product diagrams, however they only go so far. Looks like Suzuki has anodes all over this engine. Will let you know how the swap goes..

Regards

Comment

Be careful with the bolts Some can twist the heads off
          Also watch the parts lists for gaskets
          It is always advisable to replace gaskets

Comment

I see what you mean concerning the bolts. Removed the two bolts. One was in tight. I mean really tight. Ended up bending the the upper bolt itself, however the female threads were ok. We were really gentle with it to avoid breaking. Stopped at Suzuki parts store in Cape Coral to find a replacement. Am out of luck. Not something easily found on the shelf. Also looks as the the metal is some sort of alloy, but not stainless. So the hardware store was not an option (guy at parts store thought the hardware store would be a good option). Will not take a chance with two types of metal.

Also, I bought the service manual. Great advice. I removed one of the internal block Anodes, oh my goodness, I should have taken a photo. Almost completely shot. So while I am waiting to find the bolt replacement for valve cover, I have five anodes to replace. Also bought all the o rings to replace.

After this, I think I will be ready to tackle the impeller. And at this rate, I should be a certified Suzuki mechanic by the end of the year.

Comment

Galling can be a real problem, because of dissimilar metals, especially stainless steel into aluminum. I would recommend a product called Tef Gel. It can be found at many marine stores and outfitters and online marine retailers. Here's some info on its use from the manufacturer's website
              TEF-GEL - Ultra safety systems - Home page

I learned about the galling problem the hard way.
              Mike
              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Good stuff, TEF -GEL, as an ally boat owner, no stainless bolt or screw goes anywhere near my boat unless it is treated with it first. Its quite expensive but you only use a tiny amount to coat the threads.

Comment

Hi guys sorry to Chang the subject but Dou's anyone know where l can find a torque curve for the 4 cilinder df115

Comment

Sorry I mean df150

Comment

Working...
                    X