Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel consumption DF150 Vs DF150 lean burn

Hi from France !
    Since I run with my new DF150 Lean Burn , I haven't seen any changes if I compare it with my 2009 DF150 that I had before in term of fuel consumption ...

I would say that it seem the consumption of the 2015 DF150 lean burn is same than the old 2009 DF 150

I specify that is same boat , same hull , same captain , same use

I don't understand , what I could observ are same . I mean both consumption look same

Somebody from Suzuki France told me that the lean burn is efficient only at 4000 rpm
    Is that right or wrong ?

For the guy's who have replaced their engine , have you seen a real difference ? ( still talking about fuel consumption)

Sorry for my bad english writting

Since the new motor was installed, have you checked the fuel burnt as reported on the network with the actual fuel used?

It might need to be calibrated.

Fill the tank, burn at least 30-40 litres of fuel on a trip, and fill up on the way home and compare actual with predicted fuel. If its is accurate like it was before then you are getting correct data. If not, calibrate so that accuracy is improved. Then compare old motor with new again.

Did you change props or keep the old prop with your new motor?

I have a friend who changed from a DF140 to new DF140A and he found 10-12% better fuel economy for the same trip to fishing grounds and home again as done previously. You would expect something similar from your motor.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 01-13-2016, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      Since the new motor was installed, have you checked the fuel burnt as reported on the network with the actual fuel used?

It might need to be calibrated.

Fill the tank, burn at least 30-40 litres of fuel on a trip, and fill up on the way home and compare actual with predicted fuel. If its is accurate like it was before then you are getting correct data. If not, calibrate so that accuracy is improved. Then compare old motor with new again.

Did you change props or keep the old prop with your new motor?

I have a friend who changed from a DF140 to new DF140A and he found 10-12% better fuel economy for the same trip to fishing grounds and home again as done previously. You would expect something similar from your motor.
      - Yes sir I Did it
      - I did it with the full tank ( 100 liters ) I spent a long time but it's OK
      - No I did not change the propeller it is the one who came with the motor
      OK . I have a doubt for the accurate of the old 2009 motor gauge ( the calibration was may be not done perfectly....)

Comment

Is it right to say that the lean burn system is effective only at some rpm range ?
        If yes which one ?

it would mean , if we want to save fuel we have to find the speed range ...

Comment

Suzuki's own liteature about this says:

"Suzuki's lean burn Control System has been developed so that it delivers a significant improvement in feul efficiency across a wide operating range, providing significant improvements in fuel economy from low speed operation into the cruising range."

Reports from people i know say that the greatest benefits occur up to about 4500rpm. Higher than that the benefits are there, just not as great.

A big factor in feul economy will be making sure the engine is propped correctly. Did you have a read of the "sticky" thread on the top of the forum about selecting the right prop?

Comment

yes I did
            I'll try ....
            As you said the most difficult will be to find a Suzuki dealer or prop shop to lend prop for test

Comment

What revs can you achieve at full throttle with the current prop?

Comment

with the actual 2015 motor 5500 rpm

the prop are different

the 2009 motor had prop: 3x15x21R

this 2015 motor have: 3x16x20L
                Last edited by tomille3; 01-14-2016, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I replaced 2 2001 df 115s with 2 2015 df 115s on a 22ft cat using same props and have significant fuel savings. Running the same trip 40 miles out stopping and fishing several spots and never shutting engines off for 10 to 12 hours of fishing I would burn 50 to 54 gallons total with 2001 engine now burning around 42 to 43 gallons total with new engines

Comment

Good !!
                    at the end of the year it make a lot of fuel and a lot of $$$$$$ !

Comment

Ok, so maybe I need to research this subject a little more, but I haven't seen a "Lean Burn" model for the Suzuki DF150. Suzuki has designated the Lean Burn models with an "A". For example, DF115A, DF140A, 100A. etc.
                      -Shawn

CUTTING EDGE Technologies : MARINE | GLOBAL SUZUKI

I stand corrected! I wonder why the 150/175 don't get the "A" designation? Is the "Lean Burn" just on the "precision control" models?

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/marine/df175tg_150tg.html
                      Last edited by WEDOCQ; 02-15-2016, 12:39 PM.

Comment

I don't Know but I can confirm you that my motor is a 2014 DF150 Lean burn (white color)
                        and "Lean burn" is writed on the motor it self

Comment

Originally posted by tomille3 View Post
                          I don't Know but I can confirm you that my motor is a 2014 DF150 Lean burn (white color)
                          and "Lean burn" is writed on the motor it self
                          Have you got the fly-by-wire (Precision control) version? Model is TG150.

I talked to my mate who is the local Suzuki dealer last night and he says only the TG models in the 150/175 are "lean burn", the plain DF150/175 are not. At least, here in Australia that is how it is.

Comment

Yes I've got an electrical remote control "précision control"

Comment

Originally posted by tomille3 View Post
                              with the actual 2015 motor 5500 rpm

the prop are different

the 2009 motor had prop: 3x15x21R

this 2015 motor have: 3x16x20L
                              I was wrong after test the motor revs was 5200/5300 , I did many test with different trim position and couldn't go upper than 5300 rpm

Is it enough ? ( Suzuki Said between 5000 & 6000 rpm)

So ?

Comment

Working...
                              X