Suzuki c10 gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki c10 gauge

I am running my instruments for my DF300 on a EVO 7" display instead of the c10 gauge. However, the builder told me I have to have the c10 gauge for some reason. So it's just stuffed into the instrument panel behind the electronics. How do I get rid of it altogether and just use the EVO for instrumentation? Is there a cable/smartbox that will replace it to get the same functionality just using the EVO alone without the c10 gauge even installed?

The reason for needing the C-10is is because it will show engine fault codes, warnings and service reminders - these are not able to be displayed on the Simrad or any other non-Suzuki MFD connected to the network.

Dealers will normally explain to you that without the capability to show these codes and warnings, the engine warranty is likley to be voided if a fault occurs and you do not get the warnings, and continue to operate the engine, thus causing avoidable damage.

There is a small warning panel available that can be used in your circumstances for those codes/warning functions, but I am not sure it can be purchased in the USA. Ask your dealer if it can be supplied and installed on your boat. In Australia, this part is available from Suzuki - part number 990C0-88802-HSM.

See the centre bottom of page 9 in this Australian Suzuki parts brochure: https://www.suzukimarine.com.au/asse...5-small-lr.pdf

Show this brochure to your dealer, it might help them find the part required.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you Moonlighter. That makes sense now. Beats the "I dunno, the Simrad won't work without it" I had gotten. Guess I should mount it where I can see it then.

Comment

The Simrad will work perfectly well at showing all the available engine data without the C10 on the network - it just wont show the Suzuki icon on the home page and the customised Suzuki dash page - but you will still get the standard Simrad engine data dash page, and you can of course customise it to closely replicate the Suzuki page.

My GO7xse and HDS G3 both work just fine like that. (I also have anaolgue gauges that include the warning panel so I have that aspect covered)

Why not have a chat to your dealer and find out for us if the small warning panel I mentioned is available in the US? It would be useful to know so that other people who might consider it would know.

Comment

Working...
        X