Troll Mode System rev range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troll Mode System rev range

We had a slight glitch in the forum yesterday, and as a result, a new thread was lost on this particular topic.

The question posed was to the effect of, can the troll mode system be adjusted to allow higher troll speeds than the normal limit which is 1200 rpm, as the poster wanted to achieve higher troll speeds in some circumstances.

Troll mode is available on some of the newer A series Suzuki 4 strokes and is now available across many motors in the range from 40-300hp.

The Troll Mode System allows for finer control over engine speed at lower revs. When the system is engaged, engine speed is controlled by an independent switch that adjusts engine revs in 50rpm increments over a range from idle to 1200rpm.

The system is limited to 1200rpm, so the answer is unfortunately, no, it can not be adjusted to allow higher revs to be set than that. The main idea of the system is to allow for the fine 50rpm adjustments in speed at those lower revs, obviously Suzuki thinks that this fine adjustment is not such a priority at revs higher than that.

Hope that helps answer the lost question put up by the original poster - if not, please just add further info/questions here and we will try to dig out some more info for you.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 04-16-2016, 06:45 PM.

Thanks fo bringing up my question again. But its a shame other that there is no way of changing the upper limit. Maybe someone inventive technician could fix it???

Comment

Ya no kidding, its useless to me..
      When the wind picks up and my little trolling motor wont do i switch to my 90 but with the troll mode range being too low i cant even go 2.5 mph...

Comment

Working...
      X