DF200 on a Tritoon, Prop question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF200 on a Tritoon, Prop question.

I have a 2017 DF200 on a 24' Avalon tritoon (full third toon). Dealer set it up last year with a Solas 15 X 20 prop. That set up hits the max RPM and gives me a top speed of 45+ GPS when lightly loaded. I ran across a guy with a Michigan Wheel Apollo XHS 14 1/8 X 20 4 blade prop he is asking $220.00 for without the hub. Question is: Does anyone know how these 2 props compare? I have always heard when going from 3 to 4 blade to drop an inch of pitch. Currently only issue I ever have is that current prop will spin out some in turns if I don't trim down.

Any help will be appreciated.
    2017 Avalon 2485 LSZ-QL with Suzuki DF200A

Toons produce a lot of dirty water, I can't imagine dropping too much in diameter is good. My toon isn't a triple but does have strakes and skin. 140 on it and pulls 35 on gps. Kicker is it had a 17" suzy 3 blade and I went to a 17" solas 4 blade because the 3 blade was right at 6200 and I'd prefer to pull it closer to the center of the range. Expected 4 blade to be a bit slower and drop some RPM.. Surprise, went to 6300 and gained 2mph (suzy prop was 33).. Have a 19" solas 4 on order for the summer coming. It is smoother and has more bite for sure though.

Comment

Working...
    X