Multi function gauge missing information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi function gauge missing information

I just took delivery of a new Merry Fisher 605 with a DF115ATL. To my disappointment, the engine's multi-function gauge only displays RPM and fuel level in the tank, but no speed and fuel consumption etc..
    Seems this dealer sold me a bare-bones 115... (he claims he didn't know...)

What would it take to retrofit the speed & fuel functions to the multi function gauge, or retrieve this info in some other way ?

Thanks!
    DF115A - Jeanneau Merry Fisher 605

There is no such thing as a bare bones Suzuki engine. They are all the same.

What varies is the gauges and how they are installed and connected up.

To get speed,and fuel economy on the gauge, you have to connect a GPS antenna (or a GPS/sonar MFD screen) to the gauge via a NMEA2000 network. The dealer knows this, if not, they should go back and repeat the Suzuki technical school class they should have attended when the new gauges were released some years ago!!!

Your dealer would be able to assist with setting that up. Not difficult. If they cant then they contcat Suzuki EU to get help.

Presumably you currently get all other engine data on the gauge such as voltage, temp, engine hours, fuel flow rate?? If not, the dealer has not set the gauge up properly so take it back and get them to set it up properly for you, that is their job to do.

Here is a video from Suzuki Australia showing what your gauge can do when set up properly and when connected to a GPS data source and a tank level sender.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdghHrBpyWg
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-08-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I'll just add that GPS is not the only available speed source. I attached a "paddlewheel sensor" to my gauge network, and I get speed from that sensor on the transom. Knowing speed, the multi-function gauge also shows me fuel economy (MPG). I used the paddlewheel sensor because I happened across one at a clearance price (US$20) in a local shop, which is much less than a GP$ receiver. The obvious differences (other than cost) are that I am getting "water speed", vs "land speed" with a GPS sensor. I have Suzuki's LMF400 multi-function display, which doesn't have any map functions included. But if you have a fancier display with maps, then you'd get added benefits from a GPS receiver (which I believe is built into many such displays).

Comment

Found a bargain GARMIN GPS NMEA2000 module on Ebay, and did the installation myself: a no-brainer job. Very handy to have speed & fuel economy on the same display in front of me now. Only other display on the dash is a fishfinder as depth gauge (although passengers like to see the fishes as well :-)) Don't need an MFD -yet- as I sail rivers/canals only, and smartphone apps work fine for that.
        DF115A - Jeanneau Merry Fisher 605

Comment

Working...
        X