140 D-Gas in oil, a bunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140 D-Gas in oil, a bunch

05' 140 suz-Definitly gas is oil-Read about this--On this forum a few years back. Can't find thread. Most responses narrowed the problem down. I can't remember what it was. Any help for gas in the oil...Thanx

Float valve in the high pressure pump
    If not adjusted correctly on sticks open fuel dumps via the overfill hose /breather tube into oil
    Art

Comment

Mine was bad needle and seat in vst tank. Pull the overflow line that runs from the vst up to crankcase near thermostat. I drill a hole in a soda bottle cap and place the hose in the bottle. Fire up the motor and watch. Good luck
      2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Comment

Second possibility, but less likely than that mentioned, is a ruptured diaphragm on the low pressure fuel pump. Check both to be sure.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post
          Second possibility, but less likely than that mentioned, is a ruptured diaphragm on the low pressure fuel pump. Check both to be sure.
          This is how I was getting gas into my crankcase. The pump is mechanically driven my the camshaft. A leaky diaphragm was allowing gas to mix with the oil.

-Shawn

Comment

Thanx everyone...Would love to be able to print out a schematic overview of 140 suzuki motor---Suggestions....

Comment

Originally posted by Billybird1 View Post
              Thanx everyone...Would love to be able to print out a schematic overview of 140 suzuki motor---Suggestions....
              I bought a PDF manual on Ebay for my DF140. Money well spent!
              -Shawn

Comment

Working...
              X