2008 Suzuki DF 225 Cowling paint cracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Suzuki DF 225 Cowling paint cracking

I wanted to see if anyone has had an issue with their engine cover / cowling paint cracking. My outboard is a 2008, put into service in 2009 on my 2009 Sea Hunt Triton 220. I keep the boat & motor in excellent shape and both look brand new. The top of the engine cover has started crazing / cracking. Any input would be appreciated
    Thank you all.
    Seahunt22

I have a 2004 DF200 with same issue.. Like you, I maintain my boat in good condition and it has always been kept under my car port covered with a tarpaulin.

Once I noticed the crazing, I purchased a genuine Suzuki soft fabric cowling cover and this seems to have given the necessary protection from indirect sunlight and no further deterioration is obvious.

I also wax the cowling from time to time to provide further ultra violet ray protection.

Comment

Yes, the earlier motors sometimes had this issue.

As suggested above, a fitted cover will protect it. Otherwise a repaint by an auto paint shop might be required if you want it looking perfect.

The ultimate is one of these fitted covers that are designed to stay on at all times, even when the engine is running. Ive had one on my DF115 and pretty well everyone in our fishing club has them - protects from the harsh Aussie sun!

Not cheap, but they are top quality and will outlast the engine.

Making quality outboard motor & marine covers for protection on & off the water.

Comment

Thank you Moonlighter and Salt Shaker. Appreciate the input. I did call Suzuki and told them about this issue. It seems to be a problem that Suzuki has had before and should be willing to help customers like us out. Every time we take our boats out we are basically giving Suzuki free advertising with those outboards on our transoms. They did not offer any kind of assistance. What these big corporations forget is something called "goodwill" and "customer loyalty". I am very unhappy with them to say the least and would think twice before ever buying another Suzuki. Think about it; what would it cost them to offer something? It's really a shame. Thanks again guys.

Comment

Working...
        X