anyone have any experience rebuilding the df175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have any experience rebuilding the df175

I have a 2008 df175 with 950 hours. I was at about 5500 rpms cruising and the engine started acting weird, heard a knock and then low oil pressure alarm. Engine makes a slight noise under low load but will knock loud at about 3500rpm under load.
    I pulled the powerhead and the oil pump looks fine, so I do not know why it lost oil pressure. I did run seafoam through the oil and changed it after the low oil pressure though.

So now I am wondering what steps I should take in figuring out what happened, and how to fix it. There is only one shop around me that will work on suzuki's and they said it would be two months out and I am trying to sell the boat. The motor did this on the way in from a water test and the person was ready to buy the boat, cash in hand. My luck lol

Is it worth rebuilding? I have built car engines before but never an outboard engine. I have the service manual.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've never rebuilt one so couldn't talk knowledgeably about that. A factory new powerhead might be a better option if you can find one not too hurtful in price? I'd also change the drive shaft also if I did that so the new crank would have new splines would match up

Comment

The drive shaft splines do not go into the crank, so "matching up" is not an issue.

Comment

Working...
      X