2007 DF175 gas in oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF175 gas in oil

This morning we went fishing and I was trolling most of the time. All of a sudden the oil light lit up and shut down the engine. I anchored the boat and pulled to cover to check the oil. As soon as I pull the dipstick, oil starting coming out of the dipstick tube. I smelled the oil and I have fuel in my oil. I did notice some oil residue in the water when I cranked the engine before the oil light came on. I have 140 hours on the motor and crank it once a month when its on the trailer. I had to call sea tow to get back in shore. I removed the low pressure fuel pump and did a test and I did not see any leaks. I noticed another thread someone mentioned a possible VST float. Since I have to drain the oil, is there a way to relieve the fuel pressure to remove the VST for inspection?

Thanks

There shouldn't be very much pressure to worry about. There is a Schrader valve on the fuel rail, if you want to want to relieve what little pressure would remain. Just put a shop rag over the valve to catch the little bit of fuel that might come out.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Yes there is a procedure for relieving the pressure
      Best advice is to obtain the service manual
      It is a wealth of information
      You have to remove the fuel hose guard
      Disconnect fuel pump lead wire
      Disconnect wiring from ignition coils
      Crank engine 5 to 10 time -3 seconds each times
      Pinch the high pressure fuel hose that connects to the top of the fuel rail
      It should be soft
      Then their is a whole section on the VST
      Art

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

One example....

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...oil-bunch.html

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter

Comment

Working...