Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smis

I have a 2015 DF 250AP
    Time for a oil change, how do I reset the SMIS?

This should be the same for all models
    Turn ignition key to the on position
    Remove the emergency stop plate
    Pull the emergency stop knob out 3 time in 10 seconds
    Should hear a beep if successful
    Turn key to off position and replace the stop plate
    Done
    Art

Comment

Thank you Art, I will give that a try this evening.

I have also heard that on these newer motors, you may have to start the motor, pull the stop plate and push the start button 3 times.

I will try yours first then the other if that doesn't work.

I talk with a few mechanics yesterday and they were not sure because it was so new to the market.

Comment

The instructions that Art outlines are described in the Owner's Manual that came with my 2015 DF25A motor. Worked for me.

Comment

Same thing on my 2016 DF30A. I think some one is pulling your leg on the start the motor method

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post
            This should be the same for all models
            Turn ignition key to the on position
            Remove the emergency stop plate
            Pull the emergency stop knob out 3 time in 10 seconds
            Should hear a beep if successful
            Turn key to off position and replace the stop plate
            Done
            Art
            I tried this and nothing
            This is a new style SMIS gauge I am trying to reset. any other suggestions

Comment

2015 DF 250AP SMIS Gauge

Time for an oil change, that's easy. Now how to reset the SMIS gauge.
              Gauge reads and beeps change oil. How do I reset the gauge?

Comment

Key less

Do You have "key Less" in Your boat? Perhaps it is a new way to do it...?

If not, did You try exactly this:
                1. Turn ignition "on" and hear/see the oil warning
                2. Remove the emergency plate when ignition still on
                3. Pull the emergency red button 3 times fast
                4. Hear biip
                5. Turn off ignition and replace emergency plate.

Comment

That is exactly what I did.

Unit has a key, so you turn on key and then press the start button to start the motor.

Comment

Antares you just repeated my suggestion

Moonlighter -correct me if I am wrong here but the gauge is only reading information sent to it from the ECM - the gauge in my way of thinking is not storing data - it just displays data sent to it

None of the directions I know of says to start the engine then kill it by pulling the start plate
                    Captjoe - did the oil change reminder come on or were you just keeping track and knew it was time to change oil?
                    The procedure described is for resetting the engines internal 100 hour meter clock
                    If you are getting a light on the SIMS gauge is there a possibility it is reflecting another sensor error?
                    Maybe a more detailed outline of exactly what is occurring would be helpful
                    Art

Comment

CaptJoe, what exactly are you trying to reset? You started the thread by stating, "Time for a oil change, how do I reset the SMIS?"

Has the gauge itself actually displayed an oil change reminder alert? Or are you thinking that just because you have performed your scheduled oil change that you have to reset things?

I don't mean to be demeaning, so pardon my asking what seems to be a dumb question. You'd be surprised at some of the misconceptions out there on how these things work.
                      Last edited by Harper; 02-26-2016, 12:30 PM.
                      Mike
                      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Okay, now you've just posted the same question as you asked in your previous thread. This time you answer the question I had in the previous post. Still, you should try and stay in one thread for the same question. Your owners manual should give you the procedure for resetting the oil change reminder. If the procedure that three or four different people have given you doesn't work on your engine, then perhaps the procedure has changed, and the only source is going to be the owners manual that came with your 250AP.
                        Mike
                        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

While out last weekend my SMIS gauge shows change oil and started beeping.
                          So I am going to change my engine oil and lower unit oil tomorrow.
                          I just wanted to know how to reset the gauge when I complete the Oil change.

I just spoke with a Mechanic in Rockport.
                          He is sending the instructions to me.
                          Turn key to on position
                          Remove emergency plate
                          Push start / off button 3 times hear beep
                          Replace plate
                          Turn off ignition switch
                          should be good to go.

I have never dealt with a SMIS gauge before so I am hoping this will work.

Thanks to all

Comment

Captjoe, I hope you understand what I did. I moved the question you posed in a NEW thread to this original thread, which you started earlier with the same question.

The procedure might have changed slightly form using the emergency stop switch to using the push to start switch on that 250AP. Did you not get an owners manual with your motor? Good luck. Hopefully that will work for you.

Next time I'm in Rockport, maybe I'll look you up (assuming you mean Rockport, TX).
                            Last edited by Harper; 02-26-2016, 12:53 PM.
                            Mike
                            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Sorry Mike for posting in 2 sections.
                              I purchased my 2015 EPIC w/ SUZUKI 250 last year from Ron Hoover Marine Conroe, TX. I picked it up January 31, 2015. Boat had several problems and it took almost 6 months for me to get it in the water without problems.
                              I was extremely disappointed with the Service from the dealer at both the Conroe and Galveston locations and I am very hesitant to take it to either one of them for service. I called the Dealer in Rock Port TX and received the answers I was looking for.
                              Hopefully this will work.
                              If anyone is interested in the 3 page documented problems I would gladly share them, but I am not going to post those problems here.

Comment

Working...
                              X