2006 140 hp starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 140 hp starting problems

Initial start of motor has no problem. If you stop engine after running it for a time , even at idle it will not restart unless you wait a few minutes. Motor coughs but will not start. No indication of overheating or any other alarms. New spark plugs and seems to be getting fuel. Any answers to my problem?

4 stroke or 2 stroke engine?

Comment

2006 140 starting problems

Motor is a four stroke

Comment

My 07 did it

I began having issues after 3 yrs. It would star5 and run gr3at but when shut down. It had to wait. Turned out to be white wire that carries voltage to motor, off the battery.

Comment

if your engine is turning over, it is not the white wire problem
          the white wire problem when bad does not allow any electricity to get to the ecm or startr
          it somewhat sounds like a fuel problem
          what is the status of the fuel bulb??
          and also check the inline fuel filter under the engine cover.. it should be full.. if it has air in it.. probably an air leak someplace

Comment

Oops

Sorry, did not read the cough part. White wire is not it.

Comment

Some type of vapor lock that needs to dissipate before it will start again maybe???

Comment

df140

When was the last time you change the fuel filters, from what your saying sounds like a fuel problem, so this where you should start eliminating potential problems

Comment

Working...
                X