DF 9 no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 9 no spark

I've got a 2010 df9started trolling rough would die at low rpm until finally no start . Checked resistance of coil it speed okay within limits.motor has low hrs anyone out there have same issues??? Any help appreciated thnx

no "spark" or no "start"
    running rough and then dying.. could be a fuel problem
    ar

Comment

No spark!!!!!! Checked coil even though marina ( used to be Suzuki dlr) after 3 days said it was coil. Coil is well within specs .Wont start or fire with ether hence spark probDisconnected kill switch still no spark were do I go from here Hhellp

Comment

So let me understand- If you remove the plug from the block and ground it to the block then turn the engine over - you are getting no spark all all?
        And can I assume the plug is good or try a new one?
        You say the coil is good
        If the above doesn't work then connect a test lead from the coil to a tester or plug and try again rule out a bad plug wire

Checked fuses?
        Check all ground wires sometimes corrosion gets behind connections and not visible
        Does your model have a neutral switch?
        And I still go back to your first comment about running rough and then dying Which to me sounds like a fuel problem
        Art

Comment

Mtr has no fuses if a fuel problem it would fire/start with ether or"quick start . Mtr has little hrs looks new under cowl these engine blocks have a coating on them to prevent corrosion all bolts are shiney new it may be a plug wire but my exp is plug wires usually outlast the rest of motor the boots are a phenolic or hard plastic made by NGK retail at about $25ea (boot only) very good quality . the motor ran good at high speed but laboured at troll speed almost like not enuff spark for amt of fuel . Tried new plugs as a long shot but still no spark at plugs when removed and grounded.not sure bout neutral switch but think it is just mechanical not allowing to pull when not in neutral thanks Art

Comment

fuse.. there is a 20A fuse in the wiring harness part#4

one more thought... how is the primer bulb?
            is it soft or hard.. and watch the inline fuel filter.. is it full or have an air bubble in it
            again I am scratching

have you tried a shot of starter fluid in the air intake ??
            have a timing light?
            might be a better way to see if there is any power getting from coil to the plugs check them both

looking at parts diagram.. coil-exciter- pulser
            is their a way that has gotten out of alignment.. if I am remembering correctly there a magnets in the fly wheel that trigger the pulser to fire the plugs and need to be in close tolerance to work correctly
            timing belt?? looks like a big rubber belt .. slipped out of place.. broke?

if there is no spark what so ever..it has to be in the wiring/connections someplace..
            check that fuse out. have had fuses that moisture has gotten into and the and with two types of metal in contact with each other has created problems
            good luck .. keep trying .
            art

Comment

No fuse fuses only on models with a starter and rectifier. Hard or soft prime ball no matter with fuel line disconnected they will fire with starter fuel or good carb cleaner sprayed in air box and yes I tried that first to determine no sparkIf it had run then would be fuel prob .If timing out then I would get sum spark albeit at the wrong point of the cycle their is no spark.Yes there are magnets on flywheel which create current which is amped by coil after being allowed through your points(in this case Cdi ignition) it is a quandary as being Japanese the electronics don't go.After being mislead by a marina(ex Suzuki dealer) I tried to find a coil.there were none here in Canada and one in the USA. This lead me to believe it's not the coil n got resistance specs and test procedures from Suzuki Canada which proved coil to be good (thank god cuz it's a little over $ 200)Thanx for your help I'll have to start looking into rest of ignition system ie Cdi pulsar etc

Comment

Danny

thanks .. there are some online manuals around.. I found one at one point a couple of years ago that could be downloaded.. and I think it was free

SUZUKI DF9,9 SERVICE MANUAL Pdf Download.

try that site ..

pages 50+ if there is no spark...

art..
                Last edited by artdf175; 03-08-2016, 06:05 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

follow the neutral switch wires on the engine from the switch to where it plugs into the motor wiring harness should be a broken wire where it plugs in on harness side .

Comment

Thanks guys I'll get on it our fishing season up here starts May 1 g

Comment

I too have a Suzuki DF9.9 with no spark. I have exhausted all testing and everything is in specs according to the manual. I've even replaced the stator, pulsar coil, ignition coil, and the cdi. All wiring and switches check out fine for continuity. HOW can it be it's not getting spark to the new plugs. Ran fine last year, sat under cover on the boat for 8 months and now no spark. I'm about to pull out what little hair I have left. PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS!!!!! Thank you. Greg

Comment

Working...
                      X