Check Engine Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Engine Light

I have a 2011 DF250 with low hours. She ran great last season, but the boat sat on a trailer for 5 months while our marina was undergoing renovations. After annual service, I put her back in and it started fine but hesitated as I accelerated and then continued to run rough. Ran it again the next day and no hesitation but continued to run and idol rough - figured I had some water in the old fuel but didn't have time to change the fuel/water separator. Ran it the following weekend and continued to idol and run rough but then the check engine light/beep came on every 5 seconds or so, but the engine continued to run the same. I had a mechanic look at it and he found no issues and said he reset it. Fueled her up with non-ethanol fuel and put her back in and it idled and ran smoother than ever....but the same check engine light/beep continued. I noticed that when the engine was in neutral or running either less than 1000 RPM's or at WOT the check engine light/beep did not come on. Any suggestions?

original batteries by chance?
    what is the battery condition?
    these engines are sensitive to voltage fluctuations
    the running rough was probably old fuel or condensation from sitting all winter
    Art

Comment

Not sure - bought the boat used last spring. The mechanic did say one of them was low but he charged it up right before i put it back in the water and i ran it on one and then both batteries and didn't see a change in the alarm.

Comment

Working...
      X